So just when I thought I was starting to understand this blog business, here comes a Liebster Award. I was nominated by George from George’s Books and Bits. I wasn’t sure what this was until I read about it. Thanks George for the nomination.
What is the Liebster Award?
To quote my new pal, George:
“The Liebster Award is passed on by bloggers to new bloggers who have less than 200 followers, and to support the blogs that you like by sharing them with your readers.
These are the rules of the award:
Recipients of the Liebster Award must:
1.List 11 Random Facts about you
2.Answer the questions that were asked of you (By the blogger that nominated you)
3.Nominate 11 other blogs for the Liebster Blog Award and Link to their Blogs
4.Notify the bloggers of their award.
5.Ask the award winners 11 questions to answer once they accept the award”
Basically, it’s to keep new bloggers blogging and to offer encouragement and more followers.
11 RANDOM FACTS ABOUT ME
1. I love the color pink
2. I like to eat baby yogurt because it taste better than regular yogurt [strawberry is to die for!]
3. I love thunderstorms
4. I hate seafood [yep, all kinds]
5. My secret weapon of choice would be superglue [’tis very dangerous, you know]
6. I have a plant called Baby Slermy [not exactly sure what kind of plant he is….it’s green and leafy]
7. I prefer salty to sweet
8. I’ve been to 8 countries – not including the one I live in
9. If you said “Henry,” I would think of a chicken [I’ll let you ponder that one!]
10. My favorite dessert is cheesecake [any kind of cheesecake]
11. My favorite non-domestic animal is an ocelot
QUESTIONS ASKED OF ME
1. Which super power would you rather have: invisibility, flight or super-speed
– Invisibility. I could cause so much trouble with that 🙂
2. Blue cheese – right or wrong?
– Wrong. I love cheese, just not blue
3. Sum up your blogging style in 3 words.
– Reading and writing
4. Cats or Dogs?
– Cats (I own 2) [I do like dogs, too]
5. If you had three wishes what would they be?
– To have some awesome superpowers; To not have to work so I have more time to read; World Peace (I felt obliged and I probably seen Miss Congeniality too many times)
6. Whats the opposite of opposite?
– Same (?)
7. Whats the one word that your best friend would use to describe real-world you?
8. Can you lick your elbow?
– Yes! I can actually do this and love watching people try to imitate me LOL
EDIT: I was asked for proof….see below:
I can lick my elbow!
9. Biscuits (cookies for the american readers!): To Dunk or not to dunk?
– Depends on the type
10. What literary character would you be and why?
– Right now….Claire from Outlander because I love Jamie
11. Whats your one book you can’t believe hasn’t been made into a film (we’ve all got one!)
– Technically Outlander – a movie hasn’t been made yet but they are talking about a TV series right now
11 NOMINATED BLOGS
1. My Bad Art Blog by ‘TiresiasMage’
2. Seraphic Singles by Dorothy
3. My Addictions by Patti
4. Books of Amber by Amber
5. Katrina Hadjimichael’s Blog by Katrina
6. The Ole Master Plan by Girl Parker
7. High-Low by Rob
8. Adrian’s Blog by Adrian
9. I Just Like That By Melissa
10. A Totally Random Romp by Jean
11. Chapter Book Challenge by Rebecca
QUESTIONS TO YOU
1. Where is your dream vacation?
2. Why did you start writing your blog?
3. Do you “rinse and repeat”?
4. If you could change something in your past, what would it be?
5. Have you ever participated in random questioning before?
6. What is your favorite book?
7. Is your toilet paper hung so that the flap is over or under the roll?
8. What color is your favorite shirt?
9. Email, text, or phone?
10. Name an animal that begins with the letter “J”
11. Have you received or read any good advice for new bloggers?